Thursday, August 21, 2014

Texas QAL

As soon as a friend of mine told me about the Texas QAL hosted by Pretty Little Quilts, I knew I had to join. We were so excited about it that between us, I think we came up with a million different variations to make it our own. I already have plans for a second to highlight my hometown.

The excitement proved too much and I just couldn't wait for all of the designed blocks to be announced over the summer, so I used the general pattern plus a couple of tweaks. I added a gray border and made the background the Texas flag. The Texas itself is bright scraps from a Union Jack quilt I made for a friend of mine earlier this year. I can't wait to get it quilted!

Enough talking and on to the pictures.




7 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, so seriously fabulous! The grey border was genius, and the background colors absolutely brilliant! Great job!

Cristina @ Pretty Little Quilts said...

Holy Lone Star State! That is phenomenal!!!I'm blown away--seriously blown away!!!

AnAggieBug said...

Y'all are so sweet! Thank you!

Dee D said...

I love the way you did the Texas flag as the background! Such a neat idea.

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

So awesome! Are you an Aggie? Class of '04, here! Happy to have you participate!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

The background is so clever! Nice work.

AnAggieBug said...

Thank y'all! Melissa - I'm Class of '02!